Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Get Closer

So this turned out to be my first trip to the Met in recent memory and probably the first time that I felt I could truly appreciate everything. The "Get Closer" assignment asked us to photograph specific details on bodies of artwork that we found especially beautiful or interesting and these 5 photos are what I came back with.






The second assignment that had been ongoing was our editing assignment. We were asked to divide 300 photos we had taken and to separate them into two different groups, I ended up choosing newer and older photographs that I have taken to see how my style has changed over the past year or so. I can say with confidence that I have greatly matured and I've gained a much larger affinity for directed portraiture as opposed to the spontaneous landscapes that make up much of my older works. These are 5 photos that remain my favorites of those 300 photos. If you would like to check them out in higher quality take a visit to my flickr where you can see these and most of my other photos.













No comments:

Post a Comment