Monday, March 7, 2011

Once Upon A Time

After looking into a bunch of narrative style paintings and artwork I caught a familiar glimpse of Edward Hopper's work. Soon after I felt compelled to make an attempt at recreating two of his paintings, one of which is this.

"Excursion Into Philosophy" by Edward Hopper


"Excurision Into Philosophy"

I tried to stylize it and make it my own while retaining the same emotions and feeling seen in the original. I added some noise to it and played with the contrast and saturation to give the image a dulled down feeling as opposed to the sharpness of my original photograph.

"Blind Man's Meal"

Pablo Picasso's "Blind Man's Meal"

This one took some pretty heavy photoshopping, but I feel like it now retains the look of a photograph while sharing the feel of a painting.

And here are a few of my originals in the narrative series




No comments:

Post a Comment