So I've yet to do my self portraits but over spring break I did finish up my portraits of friends and I decided to do something a little different rather than following the normal formula. I went with a zombie theme, the idea seemed to appear after a bottle of fake blood was combined with a night of partying. The next morning when I awoke to found this blood smeared on walls and... my face, I decided that a zombie theme would be perfect. After finding some friends to model and a place to shoot (Marshall's house where the party had taken place) I went ahead with it and spent the majority of my day making my own fake blood and applying make up rather than behind the camera. I was quite proud of my work as two police cars soon showed up at the scene thinking that someone had been murdered. Here's my 4 favorites of the day after all was said and done.

The streak of blood on the wall in this shot is the very one I woke up to the morning after the party. I felt it had to be in at least one shot being that it inspired nearly the whole shoot.

The gory fleshy stuff in this is actually cheap toilet paper mixed with glue and soaked in the fake blood. The fake blood actually had cocoa powder in it to make it darker, however it didn't dissolve enough into the blood so I had to heat it up in a microwave. By doing so I inadvertently created hot chocolate flavored fake blood making it much more appetizing for Morgan to put that soaking wet gob of toilet paper in his mouth.
No comments:
Post a Comment