photographs which have their own stories.
Before diving in I believe I should first explain a short story behind where I was and the feel of the day. Whenever I am home I go a little bit stir crazy. I love my family and being around them but I'm so used to going off and doing things on my own that sometimes I do just that. I decided that I was going to go on one of my photo-adventures as I call them, where I go off on my own with my car and my camera, driving around aimlessly in search of something to catch my eye.
Since last summer I had not been to the beach being that the cold had consumed it much like it had consumed Ramapo all winter. Since it's not far from my house I decided to take a short drive to Belmar, shoot some photos, eat some Fins (better than Moes )and just relax. As I pulled into town I noticed a deep fog rolling in off the sea and at that moment I knew I was going to have a long day of walking around Belmar, camera in hand.
View this larger on a black background
This one of the first sites I saw while driving into town, and I knew that after I had taken some shots at the beach and filled my stomach that I would return here. When I had first driven past it a fisherman had been standing out on the pier but by the time I had returned it was another photographer. I immediately set up my tripod and began taking pictures of the seascape as she seemed to be taking pictures of me and the Belmar water tower behind me. It was comical in a sense as the time went on and we slowly traded places (myself on the pier/her on the beach) and I can't help but wonder how well her photos came out.
View his larger on a black background
This was a bit riskier than the last shot, I had been taking pictures underneath a pier on the beach when I slowly started to catch view of the jeti through the fog. It was packed with fishermen who seemed a territorial and a bit annoyed that I was wandering around. As I climbed up onto the jeti I attempted to quietly say hi being that two of the men had been staring at me my entire walk up; but I was treated by silence. Whether they couldn't hear me above the waves or they were ignoring me I'm not sure of but I don't especially care either. So I nonchalantly set up my tripod facing the end of the jeti, away from the two original fishermen, and took this shot, attempting to catch the intensity of the moment.
View larger on black
This last one is the last of my non digitally manipulated "spaces" I thought I would stick with the shots all from this day as many of them came out pretty well. This shot was probably the scariest to take since the tide was coming in as I was setting up for it, had a couple close calls that consisted of me running away trying not to get soaked. As with all my images I really suggest viewing this one larger, the wood had an almost hair like material covering it in streaks and you can only really see it when the image is blown up.
And last but not least...
View Larger On Black Pleaseeeee
No comments:
Post a Comment