This picture was taken at an especially tough time during my life, and for me the symbolism of climbing to the top of a mountain on which I had never been before and seeing the entire valley blossoming in spring seemed to be very uplifting. This is still my favorite photo that I have ever taken.
This was a complete spur of the moment shot. I had been sitting in my house itching to take pictures of something when a violent thunderstorm began to develop in view from my neighborhood. I ran out into the middle of the street with camera in hand and began shooting pictures of the sky in which I captured several great images of which this was my favorite. I used some post processing and texture work to enhance it further until I felt that it was finished.
This shot was taken in New York City on a night during which my girlfriend Kelly and I were there to see the comedian Danielle Tosh. We had spent the majority of the day walking around and it had now begun to get dark out. We sat outside the venue waiting for doors to open and I began to take some long exposure shots. Through the combination of my shivering from the cold, my hands already being abnormally shaky and the lack of a tripod I was expecting every image to come out as a blur of brightly colored lights without any rhythm or reason. However to my astonishment this shot surfaced and it has since been my favorite long exposure shot I've taken to date.
This picture reminds me of home and good times in general, I have lived within 20 minutes of the beach all of my life so I frequently find myself there shooting pictures. On this day I had met up with several friends at a restaurant where we shared some beers and great food. We then wandered over to the beach only a few blocks away where we took up position on a lifeguard stand. Slightly inebriated I was very camera happy and taking pictures of everything in sight, but this photo truly stood out to me in capturing the essence of the beach which I love so much.
I really like this picture because of the muted colors as well as the angle and perspective that you took this picture from. very nice!
ReplyDelete